18 January 2009

Continuing Our Eating Adventures

Since food is going to be one of the major adventures at our house for the next few months, I may keep documenting some of these fun stages. I've been well prepared to have low expectations on food actually making it to Tallis' mouth, and instead to focus on letting him have his discovery time. I'll be getting out a sheet to lay on the floor under the table, but with just rice and potatoes on the menu so far I haven't found that to be necessary yet. (I find myself daydreaming about hardwood floors - or at least anything BUT white carpet!)

Yesterday we had sweet and sour pork stirfry, and Tallis got a lump of rice to explore - and explore was what he did. No even one piece made it to his mouth! ("Ooh gross, Mom!") He got messier than he's ever been, by far, and I had my first Mommy experience cleaning up a little guy after mealtime! I felt like a real mom then! Anyway, here's a short and simple video of what rice means to a 5 1/2-month old!


We all enjoyed the meal, in our own way!

No comments: