I was fascinated watching Tallis take in this new person in his space. I had the Goldilocks story going through my head most of the morning: "Who's been sleeping in my bed? Who's been playing on my blanket? Who's been snuggled with my Mommy?" He seemed intrigued by the sounds Rinaldo made, how high he could push himself up with his arms, and was particularly tempted by his pacifier (which he eventually stole right out of his mouth and stuck promptly in his own, nipple side out - no fake nipples for my picky boy!) They were only together for a few hours, but both of us had a fun time having a visitor over.
The other thing I admire about Rinaldo is how he takes a bottle like a champ. Tallis has only successfully eaten from a bottle two times. Count it - 1, 2. Period. Admittedly, he hasn't had much practice. We could probably get him to learn if we really worked on it. But for now it's tough to leave him with anyone for more than a short period, with the great uncertainly as to whether he will do the hungry/unhappy thing for them the whole time. Hmmm.... I will take my blame for this where it's due, too. I happen to really LIKE Tallis' company and I LIKE breastfeeding. But come on, Mom needs a break sometimes! A bottle can be a good thing when it's needed! We're gonna work on that, too. Thanks for the inspiration, Rinaldo.
2 comments:
When I had both Joey and Aubrey there were several other women pregnant and due around the same time. It was nice to have kids close to the same age that they can play with, although there were also bad side to it also. You child is always being compared to someone elses. It was kinda nice with Wyatt b/c I was the only one pregnant at the time. Who knows but it is really fun to watch you bbay make his first friend! Thanks for the call last night, I really needed that!
So cute our boys are. You took great pics.
Post a Comment