My athletic goal is to run a race on June 20th. I'm shooting for the stars (1/2 marathon) but will be happy to hit the moon (5.61 miles) - see my note on being injury-prone above! I've read Runner's World religiously for several years, and it's time to do something about it! Wish me luck!
15 January 2009
Track Stars
With the weather being as it has been - below zero for two weeks, and now way above freezing and thus treacherously icy and wet - we opted to get a membership at The Dome here in town so we could get some exercise. The place is a godsend in an environment like Anchorage! Inside this air-supported structure is an Olympic-sized track and a full-sized playing field! We are regular track rats lately. Three days a week we go walking. I'm actually trying to build up to some jogging/running, but it's a slow process post-pregnancy, with the loose joints and extra weight to contend with. Since I'm particularly injury-prone anyway, it's a careful operation to get from walking to running. Anyway, the track is our new home away from home:

My athletic goal is to run a race on June 20th. I'm shooting for the stars (1/2 marathon) but will be happy to hit the moon (5.61 miles) - see my note on being injury-prone above! I've read Runner's World religiously for several years, and it's time to do something about it! Wish me luck!
My athletic goal is to run a race on June 20th. I'm shooting for the stars (1/2 marathon) but will be happy to hit the moon (5.61 miles) - see my note on being injury-prone above! I've read Runner's World religiously for several years, and it's time to do something about it! Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Jess,
Thanks for the PICTURES!! I enjoy
reading you log!!
Keep up the Good Work!!
Love Aunt Barb
Post a Comment