16 February 2009

Funny Face

Tallis' new favorite facial expression is beautifully documented in the above photo. Who needs a puppy when you've got a kid? We should teach him to stick his head out of the car window next. (Or not.) I am hypothesizing that it is a direct result of the current teething situation. He seems to stick his tongue out primarily to rub it along his lower gums. It's cute, and keeps him calm through whatever discomfort he might be experiencing, and since he's not old enough for anyone to think he's actually sticking his tongue out at them, it's perfectly adorable. He must get tired, though! I know the last time I stuck my tongue out for several consecutive days I sure was exhausted!

Another cute symptom of teething? He finally uses a pacifier! Just not as it was originally intended - he chomps on it (any part of it, not just the nipple) instead of sucks. Also quite cute. He never cared for pacifiers before this.

If Tallis will cooperate I will try to get a photo of the new teeth trying to poke their way through. They are really close - I can feel them just below the surface. He's still quite content, with only a little fussiness and touchiness, and we're back to napping well. I'm sure I didn't teethe this easily.... How'd I get so lucky?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea Tallis! What a beautiful, happy child.
Fun to see him interacting with his buddy.
Great-grandma White