11 February 2009

Teeth?

In the last 8 days we've come a LONG way in the nap category! At Tallis' 6-month appointment the doctor gave some advice on a couple of tweaks to make to our routine, and all of a sudden we had a napper! Yay! I have felt like a new woman! Starting yesterday afternoon and again this morning, we've thrown a cog, and my speculation is that TEETH are intruding on the routine! I don't really know how to tell, though!



Ever since he gained enough dexterity and hand-eye coordination to do so, Tallis has liked to explore things with his mouth. I don't quite know how to tease apart mouth exploration and gum soothing, but I think I'm observing a distinct gnawing quality to his mouthing in the last little while, accompanied with a more tempermental attitude and some more clingy-ness. The amount of drool doesn't seem to have changed. Hmmm.... I don't think I feel anything different in his mouth than I have in the past few months - he has always seemed to me to have some teeth just below the surface and the doctor says that what I have observed was not actually teeth coming through, but I just don't know.... I need to find some kind of soothing teether and see if we get a happier boy. Maybe a dose of Tylenol, too. What's a first-time Mom to do?

(Maybe I'm just in teeth denial - I fear for my breastfeeding happiness!)

No comments: