20 March 2009

All Quiet on the Larsen Front?

Ah, not really. Just a little too busy to post much lately. Is this a sign of things to come? Well, probably. We've got big plans this summer, and they don't include much internet access.

I've been offered, and accepted, the position of "campground" host on the Anchorage Hillside. I use the term "campground" loosely, because there isn't really one - I will more literally be a trailhead host, keeping my eye on four access points to Chugach State Park, and living in an RV at one of them. Courtney and Tallis are along for the adventure, of course, but I'm the one with the responsibilities - and the great excuse to go hiking on a daily basis with my sweet little family! This makes Courtney and me feel young again, and Tallis will get his indoctrination to mobility in a place where there's LOTS to explore! We may wear through the knees of many baby pants with a little crawler in the Great Outdoors.

"Crawling?", you say? Ooh, yes, we may be approaching this stage! A couple of weeks ago Tallis rolled back his flight training and started getting limbs underneath his body! He works hard at getting up on all fours now, and we expect forward movement sometime soon. Here's a photo of him yesterday, playing in a patch of sun on the living room floor (who needs a cat, when you can have a kid?), and getting some major air. Watch out world - here comes Tallis!


Speaking of a patches of sunshine, spring is arriving (officially today, if not substantially!) and the sun is shining WONDEROUSLY. We got out yesterday afternoon on a little hike on the Campbell Tract with Carmin and David. It was absolutely perfect. Temps in the 20s, only a slight breeze, nice trail conditions, lots of sun, and good company. We're gonna do that more often. (And we really are, per this summer's fun responsibilities!)

Other news? We think we're about to get two more teeth, considering the touchy attitude Tallis has had for the past 3 days and the slight bit of swelling on his upper gums. Chompers on both ends - wow! Teeth are fun, though - they make for a really cute smile and for lots more food flexibility in the near future. Food's going better, by the way. Tallis is a Cheerio addict (we almost have to rein him in!) and is now a fan of pureed jarred food (which I have because it was given to us, but I may actually end up buying some because of how well he will eat it!) as well as some finger foods. He likes to help out with the spoon-feeding, but I think I've figured it out to the extent where he's almost truly "helping" instead of hindering. And he often eats best when we're eating at the same time - someone likes to be one of the big kids!

I'm doing well in my "running" program. I'm still mostly on track to do a 5-miler in 3 months. That'll be the big milestone marking pregnancy recovery for me, and is quite the challenge for this weary body! Wish me luck!

There are lots of other tidbits going on, but I'm not in the mood to blog about them right now. We'll try to keep the camera out and keep you updated on all the mundane things in our home, but at another time! Ciao!

No comments: