I am NOT having much fun with solid foods, at least not on a spoon. Tallis seems to enjoy soft finger foods like tiny chunks of banana and potato, and he's even into Cheerios lately, which he gums and teethes and sucks on until they break up and get soft. He sometimes gets about half of what I give him into his mouth and down to his tummy, as long as he gets to be in charge, using his own hands at his own pace.
Cereals and other spoon-fed foods, not so much! I've had minimal success with mashed bananas mixed with rice cereal. Today we tried mashed sweet potato with ZERO success. After 15 minutes he may have ingested two itty-bitty spoonfuls, if that. I tried to time our feeding session well - he was happy and hungry - and I tasted the food - it was yummy - but to no avail. Here's "Sweet Potatoes A La Tallis" for your viewing pleasure, which is unfortunately a good example of many of our "feeding" sessions. Good thing he still gets all the breastmilk he needs to be healthy and happy!
Tallis, of course, got a bath after this. The video doesn't show the worst of it, trust me! Whatever did make it into his tummy he gagged up shortly after I turned the camera off. Then he ate his normal meal of momma's milk and that was dinner. Phew! I think we're going to have to stick to finger foods. I do NOT enjoy this. I never had sweet Mommy dreams of spoonfeeding an infant, and now I know why.
1 comment:
Oh, Jessica, this video is so cute! It reminds me of trying to convince Logan to eat baby food. He wanted nothing to do with that mashed-up gunk! Nothing! He would clamp his mouth shut!
I can safely say that Logan never ingested more than 3 spoonfuls of rice cereal in his life. He would nurse and nurse and nurse (and i would shrink!), but then he started dropping on the growth scale and it became a concern... So, I finally figured out that he just wanted our food! He was never a gagger, so I chopped up the spaghetti, potatoes, chicken, etc that we were having (not too chopped up that he couldn't hold it in his fingers) and he finally started to eat!
When to do I get to borrow Tallis? Or does he go by "So Cute" now?
Post a Comment