He also got his first tooth at 5 months of age and had four teeth by 6 and a half months - the same age that Tallis got his first. And he's happy to have them for two reasons - one, his mouth hurts less and he can sleep through the night now (glory be and hallelujah!) and two, he can eat all sorts of big boy food and stop depending on the spoon. When I first started him on solid foods at 6 months, he was all about the spoon. It was fun to feed him! But now that he has a pincer grasp (at about 6 and a half months) and four teeth, he's not a spoon fan any more. He eats avocado and peeled grape pieces and noodles and cooked carrot chunks and berries and cereal and crackers and potatoes and rice and peas and banana chunks and anything else I can find that is soft and finger-food sized - all by himself. And what an appetite he has! I feel like I'm feeding a teenage boy here....
Basically during the last two weeks I've come to feel that this little man isn't like a baby any more. It's very exciting at the same time that it's terribly sad. He is just so intent on being a big kid that he doesn't stop and smell the roses, and won't let me smell them either. He's not into cuddling any more - he's always trying to reach something or do something or see something or eat something or say something or go somewhere - in a nutshell, he's trying to be like his big brother. Tallis is a good hero to have, but I miss my baby already. Slow down, Rhys. You are a whirlwind. A happy, smiling, delighted and delightful whirlwind.
Developments in the last two weeks:
top two teeth in (4 total)
pincer grasp and independent eating
forward crawlingsleeping through the night
increased skill and dexterity with toys
much more loud and conversational in his "speech"
enjoys the bathtub and water now
No comments:
Post a Comment