05 April 2011

Ten Minute Tuesday

My sister, blogging at seriouslyahomemaker.com, has inspired me to take on one of my greatest challenges today. I am mentally sold on timers and whittling away at big things one small step at a time, even if you can't do it perfectly in the time you have available. But I struggle mightily with actually doing it. Emotional block. Perfectionism. So, today, in honor of Angie, I'm going to take 10 minutes and actually put something on this very neglected blog, which feels very overwhelming. In my ideal perfect world, I would take a full week or two and write great text and organize all my photos, etc, etc, etc. But that's not going to happen any time in the next decade. So 10 minutes is a test of my ability to take a baby step while blogging. My upload speed is slow, so we'll see how this goes. I haven't even chosen a picture yet. But no perfectionism allowed, right? Just find something cute or interesting and POST AWAY!

It's 8:52 PM. Here goes.


See that cute boy there? The one in the orange coat? I love him. He's such a precious soul to my little mother heart. I love my Tallis. He thinks so deeply about things. Too much so, almost. He has to think things through all the way before he dives in. He has a piece of my (and Courtney's) perfectionism. Even before he was born! He came 12 days late because he wasn't sure he could do it right, I sometimes joke! But when he came, he came quickly and easily. He didn't even try to walk until 15 months, but when he did it only took him 3 days to have the skills that it takes most kids at least a month or two of walking to develop. He didn't talk hardly at all until 18 months, but then he started talking in a whirlwind, saying 10-15 word sentences with ease before he was two. Now we're at potty-training. I'm awaiting the day when he thinks it through all the way and decides that he's ready. He's not yet. But some day he may wake up in the morning and not ask for a diaper again. That would be according to the style of my sweet, precious, much-loved Tallis.

The photo is taken on Kenai Lake. The locals say the ice this year is better than it has been in many, many years. And here we are with no ice skates! But it is certainly beautiful. We are so pleased to now live in this little piece of paradise. More on that later, I guess, as it's now 9:02 PM.

Hmmm... 10 minutes.... what do you think? Wish I had time to proofread....

1 comment:

becky said...

I like, I like. I agree, he is a precious soul (but then, so is your other boy) You did a GREAT job in 10 minutes. Love ya all.