13 May 2012

Revisiting a piece of last summer

Happy Mother's Day! Since I'm home from church by myself today - sick! - I get to take a minute and put a post on the blog. That's a Mother's Day treat for me, too! I could put something current on, but we've had so many laughs over the last picture in this set that it just has to get shared. Today's the day.

The following series of pictures were taken in late July last summer, when Courtney bravely dared to take the whole family on a bike trip through Turnagain Pass. Why "bravely dared"? Mostly because it required a LOT of driving to rent and then return a bike trailer (from our most-convenient-of-residences in Cooper Landing - why do we not own one of these things???) as well as to have one car at each end of the trail, a lot of coordinating to get everyone to the same place at the same time in a moderately ready-to-ride mood, and a lot of betting on the weather. But he did it. Bet on the weather that is. And the ready-to-ride moods. And lost both bets. But it was an experience to remember! I will refrain from commenting much on the pictures, other than to say that yes, I was there. I just opted to not be caught on film as a fly-bitten, drowned rat.

The boys certainly had fun in the trailer before the helmets came out and buckles went on. (Such cute baby faces - oh, what nine months does to kids to make them look all grown up!)


 

Rhys zonked out shortly after he got strapped in and stopped screaming. (Doesn't he look SO comfortable?) He missed the whole trip! Tallis sat and observed everything in his studious way, between downpours.




"Best nap of my life!"


We're going to show that picture to his girlfriend someday.

No comments: