The refrain of my occasional blog posts lately seems to be "since something is better than nothing!" I just uploaded some photos taken this afternoon of my cute sons and thought I'd share. I am not motivated enough to actually edit and upload Christmas photos or the entire past year and a half of back-log I have.
Tallis got his hair freshly cut today. He was impressively good for about an HOUR as I readjusted, repaired, thought I was done, washed him, did some more, washed him again. (Get those itchy little hairs off!) I'm quite pleased with the final results, although what you're seeing is post-nap hair. He's such a good buddy for things that take patience like that. What a gem. He's sitting on my lap giving me hugs and kisses right now. (Not his usual approach to me working on the computer - I am enjoying this change of pace.) Tallis likes "games and toys and to turn on my flashlight and see things when it's dark and motorcycles and police cars and Mommy and Daddy and Rhysie and smashed potatoes and applesauce and water and milk and my vacuum and to eat popcorn and to go to the school gym to play and our Christmas tree and our table and chairs and to go to the Nelsons and our shoes and to go to Jumpin' Junction and our Santa Claus on our piano and to bounce on the couch." (His long list as he sat here and told me what he likes.)
This one needs a hair cut too! But he's not as patient and I'm all barbered out today. But he is looking mighty cute with his somewhat shaggy look. He can pull it off much better than Tallis. It's a matter of hair texture and thickness more than anything. The best thing that has changed in Rhys is the last week is his willingness to look at a camera! It has been almost a year since I've gotten a photo of him looking at the camera and smiling. He's not exactly smiling in this one, but it's a considerable improvement. His fake camera smile is actually a scrunched up face and closed eyes, so you get what you can. I've wanted to do a post of all the photos I've ATTEMPTED to take of Rhys, just so you know why he doesn't star in many photos lately! He is an independent little creature, not to be forced into anything. His favorite sentence in his impressive repertoire: "I don't want to!" This one is a big talker! I tried on several occasions to make a list of his words and phrases, but he was so rapid-fire about it and started with sentences so quickly that it was a lost cause for a busy mom. His favorite word, and one of his first: vacuum. He's obsessed. More about that when I do a Christmas post some day.
Christmas preview photo for good measure:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!



No comments:
Post a Comment