09 April 2010

A Cleft in His Chin?

I never would have known it! Back in January (or early February?) Courtney shaved his beard - see the new blog header photo - and I had quite the intense period of adjustment to the new look. I'd never seen him without facial hair! In fact, it was one of the things I first loved about him! But after a few days, a quality razor, and Courtney getting over an illness (thus not being so pale and sickly looking), I started to really like it. It's a nice look, and I don't think I'd want to go back, at least not soon.

The new header photo, by the way, was taken only a few yards from the same place where we took our engagement photos just more than five years ago! Oh, what a difference five years (and nine months of carrying a baby) makes. We still look young, don't we? (Correct answer: yes, most definitely!)





Ah, five years. Our wedding anniversary is in less than six weeks. Though neither of us expected to take some parts of the path we have traveled, there are few if any regrets because of what we've learned while on it. We expect that our journeys are building foundations of future greatness, and we look forward to it, though we cannot see the end from the beginning. But we know this for certain - we are delighted to be parents of our fantastic boys, and happy we chose each other for this trip! Though I've heard all of his jokes, Courtney can still make me laugh, and he's still my hero. Thanks, sweetie.

1 comment:

Trina Davis said...

You guys honestly haven't aged a bit. :) You still look beautiful and handsome as ever. I like the no beard look too. You've got a great smile Courtney and the lack of hair really let's it shine through. Still got the LOOK you two. :)