As I wrote the last post I got inspired, with Tallis crawling all over me wanting me to do something with him, not write about him. (Okay, okay, valid complaint.) So we filled a pie pan with whole milk, then he got to add a few (read: several - he doesn't have a steady hand) drops of food coloring.

And then, FIREWORKS! He dribbled dish soap in the pan, and voilá!

Expanded color palette! This was fun about 4 times, then he got too antsy again .... Next project idea, anybody?
1 comment:
I never knew about this cool idea with food color and dish soap. Looks like lots of fun.
A friend gave me a fun idea that I did with my kids a few times. I put a sheet onto the floor and put several cups of rice into large bowls with several measuring spoons, cups etc. My kids enjoyed pouring rice and feeling it's texture. It's a fun sensory project that can easily be cleaned up if the sheet is EXTRA large and covers a lot of ground. :) :) What a fun but busy stage.
Post a Comment