08 April 2010

Finally a Pregnancy Picture

Even though I'm far behind on blog posts, I can at least upload a picture Courtney just took today of Tallis and me on the deck. The lighting wasn't great, so we'll try again as evening approaches, but since I'm in the mood to do a blog post I may as well use what I have! I haven't done hardly any photographic capturing of this pregnancy (because it's wintertime and so I'm usually too bundled up? - I don't know ...), but if I'm going to do any, now's the time! Baby could arrive any time between now and 3 weeks from now. I feel like a ticking time bomb without a count-down display. But yet I feel really great - healthy and still relatively energetic and even somewhat mobile. I think having a toddler precludes too much sitting around!



We've actually decided on a name before Baby's arrival, and we're actually starting to share it with others. So, have you heard? Do you want to hear? Our second son will be named (most likely) Rhys J Larsen. Rhys is the original Welch spelling of "Reese", pronounced the same. Reese is a family last name on my mother's side, and I've always liked it and had wanted to use it to name a son, but because of actresses like Reese Witherspoon and the likes, it has become a popular GIRL'S name with that spelling, though it used to be more masculine. Well, when I encountered "Rhys" I discovered that it was ALL BOY. It's one of the most popular Welch boy baby names, several Welch (and other nationality) rugby players and other masculine figures have the name, and it's starting to gain in usage and popularity in the United States, but still remains unique. Sold! The J is in homage to Courtney, whose official first name is "J", and also a nod to my brother Randy, whose middle name is "J".

Are you ready to welcome Baby Rhys into the world? We are! (Well, except for packing a few things for when labor starts, and installing the car seat, and setting up the crib, and getting the fridge and freezer full of easy meals, and ....)

1 comment:

angie said...

Look at you!!! I can't believe baby number 2 is almost here!!! Yay!

You already know that I LOVE the name!! That settles it... I am not going to have any more kids for sure now, because the name that I wanted to use is now in circulation and i don't have to feel compelled to give birth to a Reese (which, you are right, we would have used as a girl name!)

I, being your only sister, have the right and privilege of calling 100 times and asking "is the baby here yet?!".... but i won't!!!

So call me when you go into labor!

Excitin' Times!!