01 January 2010

Hope Slate

One of my favorite parts of Turnagain Arm and the drive down to Seward is looking at the rocks! In particular, the slate. In early October Courtney went on a work trip to Hope to investigate a potential relationship with a local slate quarry for landscaping stone. Tallis and I went along for the ride while Courtney and Harry talked business. At the end of the workday we also went to the Resurrection Trail start and enjoyed some time in the leaves. So Tallis got to play in his favorite thing - rocks! - and discover a new potential favorite - leaves! It was a nice little getaway, including beach time (cold!) down by the shoreline part of the quarry. I was able to take home a natural slate trivet for the kitchen - a great treat for me, and super cool because it was not cut or shaped by anything other than nature, and I found it on the beach just as it was. Thanks for taking us along, Courtney.















No comments: