22 December 2009

Afternoon at Hope Junction

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we didn’t get out hiking as much as we wanted to this summer, but we did do some. One August Sunday after church we took a casual drive down to Hope Junction on the Kenai Peninsula to walk along the bike path between there and the Johnson Pass north trailhead. We didn’t do the whole thing, but we enjoyed the chance to “smell the roses” along a route we normally drive at 60 miles an hour. It certainly has a different feel at three miles an hour! We discovered many, many mining claims and river gorges you can’t see from the highway. We particularly enjoyed a nice bridge over a river previously unnoticed by us.





Tallis was a great sport – we always enjoy having him along. In fact, we left him with a sitter once to go on a biking date along the Coastal Trail and the whole time we thought about how much we wished he were there with us. Family activities are a joy!



Our yet-to-arrive son actually came along with us – I must’ve been just a couple of weeks pregnant in this photo. I have to throw it in because it is some of my only documentation that I lost all the baby weight from Tallis’ pregnancy, plus some, and was feeling pretty good!



I still had another handful of pounds to go to be where I wanted, but considering that my running got interrupted when we moved to McHugh, I did pretty well. As a note, I’m feeling great this pregnancy and expect a quick bounce-back after birth. Yay!

1 comment:

angie said...

hot mama! lookin' fine!!!! i am quite looking forward to taking an "after" picture of my currently flabby body sometime in the next few months as well! so fun!

you are a blogging machine, sister!!

keep it up!

angie